An Experiment

Last Sunday while at Church the Elders Quorum talked about getting our homes together financially ready as well as getting our food and ourselves prepared. One of the things they talked about was storing the stuff that we use often in our food storage. So all the way home we talked about what we could do to have our home ready. We talked all the way through dinner as well.

Then finally after dinner we decided that we would start a little experiment to see what we use on a regular basis. We decided to keep our weekly menus as well our grocery store receipts for three months to see what we use often. We then thought after those three months we would go back and look at what we just learned and then maybe make some changes.


My birthday presents go along with our experiment since I have now finally ordered my steam canner. Now we can make all the applesauce, peaches and other fruit we want. We have been going through applesauce and peaches like crazy lately too. My other birthday present is a Food Saver vacuum sealer to keep our food like bulk flour fresh.

I am so excited to see how this experiment works it self out. It is also exciting to have Jeff see why I keep so much bulk around or so many of certain foods, like our cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soups around.

Picture1_thumb

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

The Many that visit Us on the Blog

featured Slider

About Mama Bear

I'm a Stay-at-Home mom, busy firefighter wife, start up rancher and computer lover. I have three wonderful, extra special kids. My sweet kids have ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism. In order for me to be able to keep up with my firefighter's schedule, the kids' activities and their special lessons I have taken up bullet journaling. I love how I can be creative and I can make it suit my needs.

Theme Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.