My “Game Keeper’s” thumb

“The name comes from the European gamekeepers who would kill their game by grasping the head of the animal between their thumb and index finger to break its neck. Over time, the ulnar collateral ligament is stretched and would eventually cause problems,” I found this on the internet.

Now my hand looks like this:

It was last Wednesday morning and I was working on getting the girls ready for school when I heard something in my thumb POP..  From then on my thumb was rendered unusable.  It hurt like crazy and I gave up the strong fight and went into the doctor.  That’s where I also learned that I cracked something on the inside base of my thumb too.

To me it looks like a repetitive motion injury.  The only thing that I have been doing a lot of has been cutting stuff out for my kids, for me and for Christmas presents. 

This injury and the cast makes it very hard to type, use my right hand, text and to do anything normally.  Now it’s just time to deal with it all, what else is there to do.

1 Picture

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

The Many that visit Us on the Blog

featured Slider

About Mama Bear

I'm a Stay-at-Home mom, busy firefighter wife, start up rancher and computer lover. I have three wonderful, extra special kids. My sweet kids have ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism. In order for me to be able to keep up with my firefighter's schedule, the kids' activities and their special lessons I have taken up bullet journaling. I love how I can be creative and I can make it suit my needs.

Theme Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.