Chicken Enchiladas made my way

I already have two other chicken enchiladas recipes posted on my blog but I finally found (made) one that I really like.  I always wonder how somebody could know what to put in a recipe for themselves.  I never thought I could do it and now look at me.

I made this a quadruple batch so I start with what I did and how I will change it for my family after that. 

3 pkgs. chicken (I used thigh fillets but you can also use breasts)

16 oz. sour creamchicken enchiladas

2 cans cream of chicken soup

7 oz. can green chilies chopped

colby jack cheese (I just dumped until it looked good)

flour tortillas

1 28 oz. can + more green Chile enchilada sauce mild (or whatever heat you want)

To cut this down for my family

1 1/2 pkgs. chicken or 3 chicken breasts

8 oz. sour cream

1 can cream of chicken soup

7 oz. can green chilies chopped

colby jack cheese

flour tortillas

sliced olives (optional: Papa Bear doesn’t like them but the rest of us does.)

28 oz. can green Chile enchilada sauce mild (or whatever heat you want)

1. First I dumped all of the chicken into my pressure cooker (Don’t forget to put water in the bottom before you dump the chicken in.  Just to the top of the bottom plate.) Pour in a small can of green enchilada sauce to give the chicken some flavor while cooking.  Put on the stove and once the pressure cooker starts to rock (becomes very noisy) time it for 25 minutes.  Then turn off the burner.  (We tend to use tongs to take the rocker off the top.)

2. Mean while in a large bowl mix together more green enchilada sauce, cheese, sour cream, chilies, olives and chicken soup.

3. Once the chicken is done cooking shredding it should be a piece of cake.  Dump the shredded chicken into the cheese and soup mixture. 

4. Now get out your casserole dishes and start filling your tortillas.  Once all done pour on more green enchilada sauce and cheese if you want to.

5. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 minutes.

6. Enjoy!

1 Picture
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

The Many that visit Us on the Blog

featured Slider

About Mama Bear

I'm a Stay-at-Home mom, busy firefighter wife, start up rancher and computer lover. I have three wonderful, extra special kids. My sweet kids have ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism. In order for me to be able to keep up with my firefighter's schedule, the kids' activities and their special lessons I have taken up bullet journaling. I love how I can be creative and I can make it suit my needs.

Theme Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.