And the rest of the Story…………

In my last post I commented on my bread making problems and how I finally was able to make a successful loaf of bread.

Then the day came when I was really ready to make bread for the family. 

Our Sunday turned into our baking day.

100_0166

I (with the help of my awesome dh and girls) made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles (my all time favorite) cinnamon rolls and 100% wheat bread.

When I decided that I was ready to try another loaf of bread I once again turned to my computer’s search engine and looked up recipes that I could use with my bosch.  I also watched a few more videos. 

Then ultimately it turned into a memory game and trail and error. 

100_0158I found a website that had a good recipe that I liked; the hardest part was finding a recipe that had all the ingredients that I had and that used ingredients that I wanted to use too.  I still want to make a buttermilk whole wheat bread but I decided for now that it was more important to get a successful loaf first.

So I followed the directions from the recipe for the small batch and even enjoyed throwing the dough down really hard on the counter.  My Silly Girl thought I was being funny and then she wanted to help too.  It just felt good to be able to throw something down and get away with it.

I don’t know if you can tell from the picture above but the loaf on the right raised higher than the other two for some reason but by the time they went into the oven they were all pretty even.

100_0156

My other little helper made sure of that.  I turned my back on her for one minute and turn back and she’s patting my bread down.  So not only did I find a great recipe but also a durable and forgiving one too.

They were left out a little longer than needed because it took my oven longer than usual to get up to the right temperature. 

You see one of the responses that I kept getting from different videos online, from my friends on facebook and other people that I talked to was to make sure my oven was really at the temperature that it said it was.  And so I purchased an oven thermometer to put inside and be sure. 

I think more than anything that is what saved this batch of bread for me. 

And now I can really truly say that I can’t wait to make bread more and really experiment.

I was so excited to see my bread come out SOOO good.

 

100_0170

1 Picture
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

The Many that visit Us on the Blog

featured Slider

About Mama Bear

I'm a Stay-at-Home mom, busy firefighter wife, start up rancher and computer lover. I have three wonderful, extra special kids. My sweet kids have ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism. In order for me to be able to keep up with my firefighter's schedule, the kids' activities and their special lessons I have taken up bullet journaling. I love how I can be creative and I can make it suit my needs.

Theme Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.