I’m in total exasperation at the moment

 

The story........
Last night we came home from church so I could log on and check to see if my farm on facebook was ready to harvest. Instead what I found was a really sluggish computer that was not really doing anything. I tried again. Then I was so frustrated that I decided to try to open the Task Manager. I couldn't even get that to open up. So I decided to turn off the computer and try that one. Still nothing good worked.


And this whole time Papa Bear didn't know what was going on. He was on the sofa playing with his ipod touch.
Finally I was so mad and frustrated with the computer that Papa Bear asked what was going on. That's when he came over and tried a few things that he knew what to do. Then he looked at our computer papers. See the other frustrating part is that we bought my computer just last year, So it is just over a year old. Luckily we paid for two year service warranty for it. Finally he had to get out my old lap top (that's what I am on now). My old lap top is bare bones now and pretty slow and did I say old. Anyways Papa Bear finally got ahold of Dell and chatted with the Dell guy for around three hours trying to figure out what was going on with my computer. They were just about ready to quit for the night when the help screen they were trying to get the whole time finally came on. So Papa Bear did one more test and what that test told them was that my hard drive got corrupted and turned into a big piece of CRAP.


Do you realize how much stuff I do on the computer? And then I keep thinking about all of the stuff that I might have lost. So I am a little crazy right now trying to not think about it but am thinking about it. What I know that was on my other hard drive was all of my ipod music, my e-books, all of my email addresses (and that was a lot), all of the family emails and church emails, my whole outlook folders that had around 500 or more emails, my one note notebooks that had tons of stuff and information in it. What I'm not sure if I lost was my family history file, all 1000 give or take recipes and who knows what else.


To say that my computer was a big part of my life is probably and understatement. But on the other hand I did not lose all of my documents and pictures. A couple of years ago we bought me an external hard drive as a back up so I didn't lose everything if this did happen. So some stuff was luckily on there.


Right now my crappie hard drive is at staples trying to see if they can get my stuff off of the hard drive. So I would love to have lots of happy thoughts and good wishes and maybe even prayers to try and have them get my stuff off. They said if they send it in to get my stuff off it would cost around $1500 and that's just crazy high to me. I would much rather my info to come off easy and for cheap.
So now if you don't hear from me for awhile you will know why. Oh and by the way to top all of this off I am expecting a check and will have to pay bills soon and the church newsletter is supposed to be written soon too.


And now to end with the old question that I'm sure you've all thought about saying at some time "Why me, why did this have to happen to me?"

Picture1

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

The Many that visit Us on the Blog

featured Slider

About Mama Bear

I'm a Stay-at-Home mom, busy firefighter wife, start up rancher and computer lover. I have three wonderful, extra special kids. My sweet kids have ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism. In order for me to be able to keep up with my firefighter's schedule, the kids' activities and their special lessons I have taken up bullet journaling. I love how I can be creative and I can make it suit my needs.

Theme Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.