Chickens ~ the good and the bad.

 

100_1438

I loved always having fresh eggs and a great variety of eggs. The green ones were the best. The hen to the right was one of our oldest and she always laid a dark green egg and had great chicks too. All right so that is one of the good parts of our chickens that I miss.

100_1432

 

 

 

 

 

The part that I don’t miss is the roosters crowing and waking us up or crowing at all hours of the day. Another part I don’t miss is having to go out and feed them. We had too many that it would take forever.

But now that we are talking about food storage and what we need to do to get our families prepared we are thinking about maybe getting chickens again some time if we ever get another house with land. The other part that I look forward to if we get chickens again is that now we have helpers to help take care of them.

Picture1
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

The Many that visit Us on the Blog

featured Slider

About Mama Bear

I'm a Stay-at-Home mom, busy firefighter wife, start up rancher and computer lover. I have three wonderful, extra special kids. My sweet kids have ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism. In order for me to be able to keep up with my firefighter's schedule, the kids' activities and their special lessons I have taken up bullet journaling. I love how I can be creative and I can make it suit my needs.

Theme Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.