Homemade Ranch Dressing

I love ranch dressing but unfortunately almost all of the store bought ones have monosodium glutamate in them.  This is something that you really don’t need in you so why put it there.  So I have been searching and looking for a recipe that doesn’t take a lot to make and will hopefully still taste good.  And that is when I stumbled across one of my favorite food websites and she had one.  The Pioneer Women once again comes to the rescue and saves the day.

Here is her recipe:

Pioneer Woman’s Homemade Ranch Dressingimage

1 to 2 cloves garlic
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (use less table salt)

1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman’s or Best Foods preferred)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk or regular milk, to taste
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, more if desired

Optional ingredients:
white vinegar
Worcestershire sauce
cayenne pepper
paprika
fresh oregano
black pepper
Tabasco

Directions
: With a fork, make a paste with garlic and salt. Mix all other ingredients, adding optional ingredients as you wish, tasting frequently and adjusting seasonings as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thin with milk or buttermilk if desired.

So I don’t know about using all of her optional ingredients but I am sure going to use some of them.  Now to finish up what is in the refrigerator and find something to store the one I make.

1 Picture

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

The Many that visit Us on the Blog

featured Slider

About Mama Bear

I'm a Stay-at-Home mom, busy firefighter wife, start up rancher and computer lover. I have three wonderful, extra special kids. My sweet kids have ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism. In order for me to be able to keep up with my firefighter's schedule, the kids' activities and their special lessons I have taken up bullet journaling. I love how I can be creative and I can make it suit my needs.

Theme Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.